There once was a time when you were considered a laggard if you didn’t own an iPod; then having a smartphone was a necessity; and now you are so 2001 if you don’t own a tablet. Galaxy, iPad, Surface…we’ve all seen them. Well, flashing around a tablet at the office is great and all but why spend all that money if you’re only going to use it as an alarm clock?
Here are ten things you can use your tablet for:
1. Move seamlessly from your computer to the nearest kitchen because we know you’re hungry. Emails, articles, research, online conversations, the list goes on and on. Some days you are just too busy to leave your computer. Tablets give you the ability to not miss a beat as you grab something to eat.
2. Check out the traffic on your daily commute. It’s winter and you’re dutifully warming your car up before you take off for work, right? Why not use that time to turn on your tablet and check out the traffic in the area?
3. Track your fantasy football team. Tablets are a great way to update and keep track of your fantasy football team. Use you table to scour the internet for the latest up to date news and trade information, all while sitting on your couch without a bulky computer on your lap.
4. Never miss a game. We know the feeling, the games on but you’re watching Dancing With the Stars because somebody else is calling the shots. Well, pull that tablet out, close Angry Birds, and pull up any number of applications that let you watch or track your favorite game.
5. Keep track of your food intake. Looking to lose weight? There’s an app for that…well kind of. Bring your tablet with you to keep track of your dietary goals and food intake throughout the day using one of the many applications designed for that.
6. Stop forgetting your anniversary. With a calender set to constantly remind you of the important dates in your life, your tablet may just save your marriage. Oh, and while you’re at it, you should probably pull the browser up and search for last minute dinner reservations.
7. Do non-work things without leaving evidence on your work computer. You’re not on Facebook, we get it. But in all reality, we know you are. So instead of accidentally leaving your Facebook page open at work, use your tablet to comb through the thousands of pictures of your high school flings.
8. Save your eyesight. Have you ever tried watching a movie on a smartphone? Yeah, that’s not happening. Your tablet makes a great addition to any flight, just download a movie, pull it up, and forget that you’re sandwiched between two kids for six hours.
9. Become the calming force of your family. Now we know you might not be able to get your kids to stop screaming but a tablet sure will. With more applications than you could ever imagine you’re sure to find one that puts your kids into that transfixed state that brings peace and quiet to the world.
10. Enjoy your in-laws. Flappy Bird…enough said.Disclosure: this article may contain affiliate links. Read our ad and affiliate policies for more details.