There’s nothing we like doing in the summer than grill out over an open flame. This free grilling guide is here to help you get the most out of your summer grilling. Fire up the grill and get inspired for summer grilling with tasty burger topping ideas! For a fun summer dinner, try quick kebabs.
Photo Credit Spice Islands
Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 6 minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 mangoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- Salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic and crushed red pepper. Add shrimp, mangoes and pineapple. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat a gas grill to medium. Drain shrimp, mango and pineapple and pat dry, reserving liquid. Thread on metal skewers, alternating
shrimp and fruit. Brush with reserved liquid and season with salt and pepper.
3. Oil grill. Grill skewers until shrimp is cooked through and pineapple is lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Serve warm.
Photo Credit Cooks Country
Grilled Caesar Salad Recipe
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 8 minutes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, 2 minced, 1 cut in half
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 12-inch baguette, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 romaine hearts, outer leaves removed, hearts halved lengthwise (keeping root intact)
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
1. Make dressing: Puree mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, minced garlic, anchovies, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and mustard in blender until smooth. With motor running, slowly drizzle in 1/2 cup oil and blend. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush cut side of bread with some of remaining oil. Grill bread, turning once, until toasted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove bread from grill and rub with cut side of halved garlic clove. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
3. Brush all sides of lettuce with remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill lettuce, turning frequently, until lightly charred
around edges, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Chop lettuce and divide among 6 bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan, scatter croutons over and drizzle with some of the dressing. Serve immediately, passing additional dressing on the side.
Photo Credit: Brennan’s Market
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Citrus Butter
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 16 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine butter, orange zest, lime zest and lemon juice. Beat with a handheld mixer or a wooden spoon until blended. (Butter can be made up to 2 days in advance. Cover and refrigerate; remove from fridge 15 minutes before serving to soften.)
2. Preheat a gas grill to medium-high. Brush corn with a small amount of olive oil and grill, turning often, until slightly charred in spots and soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a large platter and top with a small scoop of butter. Serve remaining butter on the side.