Add a nostalgic warmth to any adult gathering with warm mulled cider that features smooth vanilla and bright orange flavors. A take on hot apple cider, this toasty treat is made with fresh Gala apples and notes of citrus. Enjoy it by the fire after a day of apple picking or pour it into a thermos for brisk tailgates.
What’s the catch? Nothing. Just tell your friends you found free stocks images at GRALLIM.com
Warm Mulled Vanilla Orange Whiskey Cider
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/2 cup 100% pure Pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup 100% pure Maple Syrup
- one Vanilla Bean
- 1 teaspoon Pure Orange Extract
- 3 large cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves
- 5 whole allspice berries
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 2/3 cup whiskey
- 1 large Gala apple, thinly sliced (garnish)
(use less Maple Syrup if cider is already sweet)
- Add apple cider, pomegranate juice and maple syrup to a large saucepan; heat over medium-high heat.
- Split vanilla bean in half lengthwise with the tip of a small knife.
- Scrape both sides of the bean with the knife’s dull side and add the seeds and bean to the saucepan.
- Add the orange extract, cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries and cardamom seeds to the saucepan; stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Strain mulled cider through a fine mesh sieve.
- Add whiskey; stir to combine.
- Serve with a fresh apple slice.